So, I had a few bananas in my freezer, and I needed to make a little space….what better way to use up bananas than to make bread.
- 1 stick of butter, softened
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup honey
- 4 eggs
- 6 very ripe bananas
- 3 cups fluor
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 bag of semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Grease and flour two bread pans. Set aside.
- Using an electric mixer, combine butter, sugar, and honey. Mix on medium for about 5 minutes or until thoroughly combined.
- Add eggs. Mix until combined.
- Add bananas. Mix until combined.
- Sift flour, salt, and baking soda.
- Blend thoroughly into mixture.
- Using a wooden spoon, fold in chocolate chips. Make sure to scrape the bowl well, sometimes some of the honey, butter and sugar stick to the bowl. *
- Split batter evenly between the two pans.
- Bake for 1 hour or until toothpick comes out clean.
*I like to scrape the sugary, buttery goodness out of the bottom of the bowl after I’ve split the batter in the pans. I put big globs in each pan for a surprise pocket of the sugary goodness.