Courtesy of Sallys Baking Addiction
All I can say is yum. My husband and I had a sweet tooth a couple of weeks ago, and I was really wanting cookies-enter the cast iron skillet skillet cookie.
- 1 cup, unsalted butter, softened
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup packed light brown sugar
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 tsp cornstarch
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup milk chocolate chips
- 1 cup M&Ms baking bits
- Preheat oven to 325°.
- Lightly grease skillet.
- In a large bowl, using a hand-held or stand mixer, beat the butter for 1 minute until smooth and creamy.
- Add the granulated sugar and brown sugar and beat on medium-high speed until light and fluffy.
- Beat in eggs and vanilla on high, scraping down the sides and bottom of the bowl, as needed.
- In a second bowl, whisk the flour, cornstarch, baking soda, and salt together until combined.
- On slow speed, slowly dry ingredients into the wet ingredients until combined. The cookie dough will be thick.
- Add chocolate chips and M&Ms, mix on low until combined.
- Using a spatula or wooden spoon, spread the cookie dough evenly into the prepared skillet.
- Bake for 30 – 35 minutes or until puffed, browned on the sides, and lightly browned on top.
- Allow cookie to slightly cool in pan set on a wire rack.
Slightly adapted from Skinnytaste.com
Holy bananas, batman! This trifle is perfect for a dazzling dessert, that’s sure to please even the pickiest of palates.
The strawberries and blueberries are refreshing, while the banana pudding lends the velvety goodness to make this a deliciously, wonderful dessert experience.
- 10 oz angel food cake, cut into 1″ pieces
- 2 pints blueberries, rinsed
- 2 pints strawberries, rinsed and sliced
- 6 Tbsp fat-free sweetened condensed milk
- 11/2 cups cold water
- 1 (4oz) banana-flavored instant pudding
- 12 oz frozen whipped topping, thawed
- In a large bowl, whisk together the sweetened condensed milk and water. Whisk in the pudding mix for 2 minutes. Let stand for 2 minutes or until soft-set. Fold in the whipped topping.
- Arrange half of the cake in the bottom of a trifle dish (or any large bowl).
- Evenly sprinkle a layer of blueberries over the cake.
- Spread half of the cream mixture over the blueberries and gently spread.
- Top with a layer of strawberries.
- Layer the remaining cake cubes on top of the strawberries, then add more blueberries and then the remaining cream.
- Finish with the remaining strawberries and blueberries. Arrange in a pattern, as desired.
- Refrigerate for 1 hour before serving.
Decadent Creamy Chicken Alfredo Lasagna
Prep time: 35 minutes
Bake time: 55 minutes
- 9 dried whole grain lasagna noodles
- 2 (10 oz.) jars of your favorite alfredo sauce
- 3 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp cracked black pepper
- 3 cups chopped, cooked chicken breast
- 1 (10 oz. ) pkg frozen chopped spinach, thawed and drained
- 1 jar of roasted red sweet peppers, drained and chopped
- 1 cup Italian blend cheese, shredded
- Preheat oven to 325°.
- Cook noodles according to package. Drain, and rinse with cold water.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine both jars of Alfredo sauce, lemon juice, and black pepper. Stir in chicken, spinach, and red peppers.
- Lightly coat a 13 x 9 casserole dish with non-stick cooking spray.
- Arrange 3 cooked noodles in bottom of dish. Top with 1/3 chicken mixture. Repeat layers twice. Cover with foil and bake for 45 minutes.
- Uncover, sprinkle with shredded cheese. Bake, uncovered for 10 minutes.
- Let stand 10 minutes before serving.