Today was a fantastic day. Nothing special happened, I didn’t win the lottery, I didn’t save the world, but I did have a most excellent day. It was like all the planets aligned, I was at peace at work and home. You know what I’m talking about, it was just a peacefully, great day. Nothing could ruin it. I got 20 thousand steps in, that’s ten miles, and I feel good.
And what a way to finish the day, but of course, a little Caribbean inspired goodness. And it was quick and easy to make, which is always a bonus!
- 1 12 oz pkg spicy cheddar jack chicken sausage, 4 links cut into 1/4″ slices
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 Tbsp beef broth
- 1 15 oz can of mango chunks, drained and rinsed
- 1 15 oz can of pineapple chunks, drained and rinsed
- 1 1/2 cups mild salsa
- 1/2 cup endamame
- 1 15 oz can black beans, drained and rinsed
- Jasmine rice, prepared
- Prepare rice according to directions on package.
- Heat skillet with olive oil over medium-high heat.
- Saute sausage for 2 minutes.
- Add beef broth and cook 2 more minutes.
- Add mango and pineapple, saute for 3-4 minutes.
- Add salsa, endamame, and black beans, saute for 2-3 minutes.
- Serve over bed of prepared rice.