courtesy of Slender Kitchen
Ok, I just have to say, this is my new favorite vegetarian lunch. It tastes awesome. Very close to sloppy Joes, but better.
- 1.5 cups lentils, uncooked
- 1 onion, chopped
- 4 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped small
- 2 green peppers, chopped small
- 2 cups of mushrooms, chopped or sliced
- 2 cups of vegetable broth (low sodium)
- 2.5 cups crushed tomatoes
- 1 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1.5 Tbsp Italian Seasoning
- 1.5 Tbsp smoked paprika
- 1.5 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp Kosher
- 1 tsp pepper
- Add all ingredients to the slow cooker and stir.
- Cook on High for 3-4 hours, on Low for 7-8 hours.
Tip: If you notice the mixture getting dry, add extra vegetable broth.