courtesy of Simple Seasonal
OK, you guys, this may be the best snack…..EVER!!! And really easy! Just look at those lovely cauliflowers swimming in the spicy chipotle sauce. That’s Hot!
- 1 head cauliflower
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1 cup water, divided
- 1 Tbsp Olive oil
- 1/4 cup tomato paste
- 1/4 cup honey
- 3/4 tsp chipotle chili powder
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp paprika
- 1/8 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp corn starch
- 1/2 tsp apple cider vinegar
- Preheat oven to 450°.
- Cut up cauliflower into bite-sized pieces and then blanch them – boil the cauliflower and then ice water bath. Transfer to paper towels to dry.
- In a medium-sized bowl, mix together flour, 1/2 cup water, and oil. Toss the cauliflower in the flour mixture and toss to coat. Place cauliflower onto a parchment-lined baking sheet and bake for 20 minutes or until the batter begins to turn golden brown.
- While the cauliflower is baking, make the chipotle sauce.
- In a small sauce pan, over medium-high heat, bring all ingredients except the apple cider vinegar to a simmer. Simmer for 1 minute.
- Remove from heat and add apple cider vinegar.
- Once the cauliflower is finished baking, keep it on the parchment paper baking sheet, coat with the chipotle sauce and then place cauliflower back in the over and bake for another 2-3 minutes.
- Serve immediately.