Slightly adapted from Naturally Ella
So, this past weekend, it turned very cold here in MN. We’re talking sub-zero kind of cold. Naturally, I was looking for a recipe to make for my lunches that would warm me up.
Enter Red Lentil Curry with Spinach. I just want to say…WHOA! OK, you guys, this is one of the simplest and quickest recipes I’ve come across in a long time. AND, one of the most flavorful recipes I’ve had in a long time.
I have to admit, I didn’t try any while I was cooking it up – at 8pm on Saturday night – so I truly didn’t know how good it was until I ate it for lunch today…I like to live life on the edge. I figured I bring enough food to graze all day, if I had to forego the main course, I wouldn’t starve. And, I indeed didn’t starve…I cried that I only had the small portion. I was wanting more. So, now…
I am really looking forward to lunch tomorrow, just kidding, but not really!
- 1 1/2 cup Whole Fat Coconut Milk
- 1 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup red curry paste
- 3/4 cup red lentils
- 2 cups fresh spinach
- In a high-sided skillet,over medium-high heat, mix coconut milk, water and red curry paste. Bring to a boil.
- Add red lentils. Simmer for 20-25 minutes or until lentils are soft.
- Remove from heat and add spinach. Stir the spinach until it is wilted and mixed thoroughly.
- Serve over 1/4 cup of prepared wheat berries.