Slightly adapted from Lemons And Basil
First off – my father-in-law gave me this cool julienne peeler for Christmas. I just used it for the first time today…and I have to say, I’m ready to julienine everything in sight! Potatoes, butternut squash, apples…the possibilities are endless.
Now, where did that dog and cat go? 😉
I love how it slices perfect zucchini noodles!
- 2-3 large zucchini, julienned or spiralized
- 1/2 dried lentils, rinsed and sorted, then cooked to package directions
For the sauce
- 14.5 oz can of diced tomatoes
- 1/2 cup tomato paste
- 1/4 medium red onion, finely chopped
- 2 small garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tsp dried basil
- 1 tsp oregano
- 3 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1/8 tsp red pepper flakes
- 2 Tbsp grated parmesan cheese
- Cook lentils according to package.
- While lentils cook, put all ingredients for sauce in food processor, blend on high for 25-30 seconds or until thick sauce forms.
- Add sauce to small pan and cook over medium heat to bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer 5 to 10 minutes.
- Once lentils are cooked, add to marinara sauce. Take off heat and set aside.
- In a large skillet over medium-low heat, add zucchini and cook until soft and pasta-like (about 5 minutes).
- Evenly divide zucchini and top with marinara sauce.