Courtesy of Sallys Baking Addiction
All I can say is yum. My husband and I had a sweet tooth a couple of weeks ago, and I was really wanting cookies-enter the cast iron skillet skillet cookie.
- 1 cup, unsalted butter, softened
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup packed light brown sugar
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 tsp cornstarch
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup milk chocolate chips
- 1 cup M&Ms baking bits
- Preheat oven to 325°.
- Lightly grease skillet.
- In a large bowl, using a hand-held or stand mixer, beat the butter for 1 minute until smooth and creamy.
- Add the granulated sugar and brown sugar and beat on medium-high speed until light and fluffy.
- Beat in eggs and vanilla on high, scraping down the sides and bottom of the bowl, as needed.
- In a second bowl, whisk the flour, cornstarch, baking soda, and salt together until combined.
- On slow speed, slowly dry ingredients into the wet ingredients until combined. The cookie dough will be thick.
- Add chocolate chips and M&Ms, mix on low until combined.
- Using a spatula or wooden spoon, spread the cookie dough evenly into the prepared skillet.
- Bake for 30 – 35 minutes or until puffed, browned on the sides, and lightly browned on top.
- Allow cookie to slightly cool in pan set on a wire rack.