Courtesy of http://www.heatherlikesfood.com
- 2 cups cooked and shredded chicken
- 12 oz bacon, cooked until crisp and crumbled
- 8 lasagne noodles, cooked
- 3/4 cup Romano cheese, finely grated and divided
- 16 oz part skim ricotta cheese
- 1/2 cup prepared basil Pesto
- 2 Tbsp butter
- 2 Tbsp all-purpose flour
- 2 cloves garlic, finely minced
- 1 cup 2% milk
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Cook lasagne noodles according to package directions, drain and drizzle a little bit of olive oil over the top of them to prevent sticking.
- In a small saucepan melt butter and cook garlic, about 30 seconds.
- Stir in flour and cook for 1 minute, stirring continuously.
- Whisk in milk and chicken broth and stir until it comes to a boil and is thickened.
- Remove from heat and stir in 1/4 tsp kosher salt and 1/4 cup of the Romano cheese.
- In a small bowl, combine ricotta cheese with remaining 1/2 cup Romano cheese ah be 1/2 tsp kosher salt.
- Pour 1/2 cup of sauce across the bottom of a 9 x 13 baking dish.
- One at a time, lay a lasagne noodle on a cutting board and spread 3-4 Tbsp of the ricotta mixture on the noodle, followed by 1 Tbsp pesto.
- Sprinkle about 1/4 cup chicken and a Tbsp of crumbled bacon over pesto.
- Roll noodle carefully and place seam side down in the baking dish. Repeat with remaining noodles.
- Pour remaining sauce over the rolls and top with mozzarella cheese.
- Cover pan with foil and bake for 20 minutes. Remove foil and bake for an additional 10 minutes or until sauce is bubbly.