courtesy of http://www.melskitchencafe.com
- 2-3 lb chuck roast
- 2 cups low-sodium beef broth
- 2 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 cup salsa
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 2 Tbsp cornstarch
- 10 6-inch or 7-inch flour tortillas
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 cups shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- Put beef roast in the slow cooker.
- Whisk together broth, vinegar, salsa, cumin, chili powder, onion powder, garlic powder, salt, and pepper. Pour over roast, cover, and cook on low for 8 to 10 hours until beef is tender and shreds easily.
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Remove the roast from the crockpot and shred into a medium-sized bowl. Set aside.
- Pour liquid from the crockpot into a large sauce pan and bring to a simmer.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the cornstarch with 3 Tbsp water. Whisk into simmering liquid and cook, stirring constantly until mixture is thickened, 4-5 minutes.
- Pour 1/2 the sauce into the shredded beef and coat evenly. Pour the remaining sauce into the bottom of a 9 x 13 baking dish.
- Combine the cheeses together.
- Fill each tortilla with some of the beef mixture and sprinkle with cheese, and then roll up. Place in baking dish. Repeat until beef is gone.
- Sprinkle remaining cheese over top of enchiladas.
- Bake for 20 top 25 minutes. Let cool for 5 minutes before serving.