Hello happy faces,
I love Fall. The leaves turning colors, the temperatures getting chilly. It’s perfect. I love walking in the morning, feeling the cold air on my face, the quietness of my town before it wakes up. It’s so peaceful, so beautiful.
Courtesy of Cooking Light/Oct 2015
- 1 lb 93%lean ground beef
- 1 cup finely chopped carrots
- 1 onion, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 Tbsp unsalted tomato paste
- 1 cup beef stock, divided
- 2 tsp cornstarch
- 2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- 3/8 kosher salt
- 1 1/2 cups frozen green peas
- 4 servings instant mashed potatoes, prepared
- Preheat oven to 500 °.
- Place beef in large skillet over medium-high heat; cook for 5 minutes or until browned, stirring to crumble.
- Add carrot, onion, and garlic to pan; cook for 2 minutes.
- Stir in tomato paste; cook for 30 seconds.
- Combine 1/4 cup beef stock and cornstarch in a small bowl, stirring to mix.
- Add cornstarch mixture, remaining 3/4 cup broth, Worcestershire sauce, pepper and salt to pass.
- Stir in peas.
- Cook 2 minutes or until slightly thickened.
- Place beef mixture in a 2 – quart baking dish. Top evenly with potatoes.
- Bake for 5 minutes.