Either you love White Castle hamburgers, or you fiercely detest the very smell. And that smell, it permeates everything; the car, your clothes, everything.
I am in the camp of destesting them. My husband on the other hand, loves them.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 (1 oz) envelope onion soup mix
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup mayonaise
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 8 oz cheddar cheese, shredded
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- The hamburger with half the onion soup mix; drain fast and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Stir in the remaining soup mix and put meat into a 9 or 10-inch pie plate.
- Stir in half the cheese, then top with remaining cheese.
- In a medium bowl, beat eggs, mayonaise, cream, salt, and pepper. And then, or evenly over the meat.
- Bake for 30 to 35 minutes.
- Let stand 10 minutes before serving.
- Garnish with dill pickle slices and mustard, if desired.