I love soup. I love a soup that is filling. That’s why this black bean soup is so wonderful. And so simple to make. Perfect for the cool Fall weather that is descending upon us, far too quickly. This soup is like a warm sweater on a cold day.
- 4-15 oz cans black beans, drained and rinsed
- 3 cups of vegetable broth
- 2 Chipotle peppers in Adobo sauce
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 Tbsp cumin
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1/2 Tbsp olive oil
- Over medium-high heat, saute onion and cumin until translucent, 8 to 10 minutes.
- In a large pot, bring vegetable broth and black beans to a boil. Lower heat, simmer for 10 minutes.
- Once beans are finished simmering, carefully ladle half the liquid and half the beans into a blender. Add onions, chipotle peppers and paprika to blender. Pulse until pureed.
- Add puree back to pot and mix. Season with salt and pepper.
- Garnish with sliced avocado, Greek yogurt, shredded cheese, etc.