Slightly adapted from Skinnytaste.com
Holy bananas, batman! This trifle is perfect for a dazzling dessert, that’s sure to please even the pickiest of palates.
The strawberries and blueberries are refreshing, while the banana pudding lends the velvety goodness to make this a deliciously, wonderful dessert experience.
- 10 oz angel food cake, cut into 1″ pieces
- 2 pints blueberries, rinsed
- 2 pints strawberries, rinsed and sliced
- 6 Tbsp fat-free sweetened condensed milk
- 11/2 cups cold water
- 1 (4oz) banana-flavored instant pudding
- 12 oz frozen whipped topping, thawed
- In a large bowl, whisk together the sweetened condensed milk and water. Whisk in the pudding mix for 2 minutes. Let stand for 2 minutes or until soft-set. Fold in the whipped topping.
- Arrange half of the cake in the bottom of a trifle dish (or any large bowl).
- Evenly sprinkle a layer of blueberries over the cake.
- Spread half of the cream mixture over the blueberries and gently spread.
- Top with a layer of strawberries.
- Layer the remaining cake cubes on top of the strawberries, then add more blueberries and then the remaining cream.
- Finish with the remaining strawberries and blueberries. Arrange in a pattern, as desired.
- Refrigerate for 1 hour before serving.