- 11/2 lbs Brussels sprouts
- 4 bacon slices
- 1 Braeburn apple, peeled and diced
- 2 Tbsp minced shallots
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 cup dry white wine or vegetable broth
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1/4 cup freshly shaved parmesan or Romano cheese
- Cut Brussels sprouts in half, and cut into shreds.
- Cook bacon in large skillet over medium heat for 8 to 10 minutes, until crisp; remove bacon, and drain on paper towel. Reserve 3 Tbsp of drippings in skillet. Crumble bacon.
- Sauté apples, shallots, and garlic in hot bacon grease over medium-high heat for 3 minutes. Stir in vegetable broth and next 3 ingredients, stirring to loosen particles from bottom of skillet. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add Brussels sprouts; saute for 8 to 10 minutes until sprouts are crisp-tender. Top with shaved cheese and crumbled bacon.