Hello happy Sunday people,
It’s going to be rather warm this week, a total 180° turn from last week. So, I decided to make something a little light and cool – chickpea sunflower seed salad.
I have to admit, there is a garlic herb sauce that goes with this salad, but I’ve never made it. Frankly, I just love the salad so much I don’t think there is anything that could make it any better. But if you want to try it, hop on over to The Minimalist Baker for the full recipe.
I’m planning on making a sandwich on sweet Multigrain bread, topped with a tomato and zesty alfafa sprouts one day this week. Then take crackers one day, and use it as a dip. But, more than likely I’ll just eat it plain, with a fork. Nummy, yummy!
- 15 oz can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1/4 cup roasted unsalted sunflower seeds
- 3 Tbsp mayonnaise (Veganaise, to make this vegan)
- 1/2 tsp dijon or spicy mustard
- 1 Tbsp agave or honey (sub maple syrup for vegan)
- 1/4 cup chopped red onion
- 1 Tbsp dried dill
- Put chickpeas in a mixing bowl and lightly mash with a fork.
- Add sunflower seeds, mayo, mustard, agave, red onion, and dill. Thoroughly mix with a spoon.