Here in Minnesota, we are not used to heat like this. Usually, while other parts of the country are sweltering, we get warm and head for the lake. We are starting our second week of oppressive heat, with high humidity and high heat indices, well above normal.
This pasta salad is just the ticket to cool down and not use the oven…because using the oven heats the house something fierce.
courtesy of To Live & Diet in LA
- 2 cups whole wheat rotini noodles, cooked
- 2 cans Bumble Bee Solid Albacore Tuna, in water
- 1 cup yellow corn
- 1/2 cup fresh basil, roughly chopped
- 1/4 cup sun-dried tomatoes, chopped
- 1/4 cup white wine vinegar
- 2 Tbsp Extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1/4 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- Cook pasta according to directions.
- Chop basil and sun-dried tomatoes.
- Toss all ingredients together.