Hello happy people!
I hope this Sunday finds you well. The last couple of weeks I’ve been on kind of a chickpea kick. Well, this week I’m mixing it up a little bit, walking on the wild side, throwing caution to the wind!
Indeed, no chickpeas! It helped that I got a huge zucchini from a woman at work! But here’s a wonderful baked summer squash.
courtesy of the kitchn
- 2 pounds summer squash (zucchini, pattypan, yellow crookneck)
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1/3 cup bread crumbs
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Remove the stem ends and slice the squash cross-post in 1/4″ thick rounds. Toss with olive oil.
- Arrange the squash in a 9 x 13 baking dish.
- In a small bowl, combine the bread crumbs, parmesan, salt, and pepper.
- Sprinkle the bread crumb mixture over the squash.
- Cover the baking dish with foil and bake in the oven for 30 minutes. Remove foil and bake another 5 minutes until the top is bubbly and crispy.