Whoa! That is a whole lotta pizza goodness. My mother-in-law was a great cook. Her meals were simple, but very tasty. This recipe is so easy and so good. The best part… it isn’t full of preservatives and additives.
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1 lb sweet Italian turkey sausage, casings removed
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 red pepper, chopped
- 8 oz mushrooms, sliced
- 1 cup pasta sauce
- 1 cup pizza sauce
- 1/2 cup to 1 cup sliced black olives, as preferred
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- Heat 2 tsp olive oil over medium heat. Add sausage and cook until browned and cooked through, breaking up meat as it cooks with a wooden spoon. Drain fat, if needed.
- Add onion, pepper, and mushrooms and cook for 2 minutes, until soft.
- Add pasta sauce, pizza sauce, and olives and bring to a simmer.
- Remove from heat and transfer sauce to the bottom of a 9 x 13 baking dish. Top with mozzarella cheese.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together eggs, milk and 1 Tbsp olive oil until blended. Whisk in flour and salt until well blended.
- Pou flour mixture over sauce in pan. Sprinkle with parmesan cheese.
- Bake for 25 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Let stand for 5 minutes before slicing and serving.