But I digress, this casserole is so easy to bring together, and so delicious. I mean, you can taste all the cheeseburger goodness in every bite!
slightly adapted from Skinnytaste
- 2 cups uncooked rotini pasta (I used whole grain)
- 2 tsp oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 lb lean ground turkey
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 2 Tbsp tomato paste
- 28 oz diced tomatoes
- 2 Tbsp dijon mustard
- 2 cups reduced fat grated cheddar cheese
- 1-2 dill pickles, roughly chopped
- Preheat oven to 350°. Spray 9 x 13 baking dish with cooking spray.
- In a large pot of boiling water cook pasta according to package. Drain and set aside.
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-low heat. Add onions and cook until soft.
- Stir in the garlic and cook for 30 seconds.
- Stir in the turkey and cook until browned. Season with salt and pepper.
- Stir in tomato paste, and then add diced tomatoes and mustard. Cook for about 2 minutes.
- Toss the meat mixture with the pasta and then spread into prepared pan.
- Top with cheddar cheese.
- Sprinkle dill pickle pieces.
- Bake in oven for 15 to 20 minutes.