Hello friendly faces
I hope your Sunday finds you well. I hope you like my lunches this week. It’s Oh My Veggies, Jamaican Chickpea Stew. This dish is real easy and packed full of flavor. Perfect for a quick dinner or an easy healthy lunch!
courtesy of Oh My Veggies
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 medium onion
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 1/2 tsp curry powder
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 1/2 tsp ground allspice
- 1/2 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/4 cup red wine (I substituted vegetable broth)
- 15 oz can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 15 oz can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 14.5 oz can diced tomatoes
- Heat olive oil in large skillet over medium high heat. Add onion and garlic and saute until onion is translucent. About 5 minutes.
- Add the curry powder, thyme, allspice, and red pepper flakes. Cook until fragrant, about 30 seconds.
- Stir in red wine (vegetable broth), black beans, chickpeas, and Tomatoes. Bring to a full boil, and then reduce heat to medium low. Simmer for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Serve over brown rice.