Hello happy people!
I hope you had a wonderful and a safe Forth of July! Mine was pretty good, relaxing and productive.
Here’s an easy and tasty recipe from Gina over at Skinnytaste. I made my own hamburger buns and added baby spinach and provolone cheese. I really liked the taste explosion in my mouth!
- 1 lb Italian turkey sausage, removed from casing
- 1/2 cup chopped onions
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped into 1/2″ pieces
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped into 1/2″ pieces
- 1 1/3 cups crushed tomatoes
- 1/2 tsp dried rosemary
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Baby spinach
- Provolone cheese slices
- In a medium skillet, over medium-high heat, cook the sausage, breaking it up as it cooks.
- Transfer to crockpot and add onions, peppers, garlic, crushed tomatoes, rosemary, salt, and pepper.
- Cook on low for 4 to 4.5 hours.
- Serve on bun with spinachand provolone cheese.