It’s almost too pretty to eat…but I ate it anyway. And I’m not gonna apologize. And, I’m not ashamed to tell you I had a fleeting thought of eating a second one. But, I didn’t….one word, Leftovers!
Drooling, yet? OK, OK, on to the recipe.
- 8 oz thinly sliced roast beef
- 8 thinly sliced slices of provolone cheese (I used Sargento)
- 2 large green bell peppers, sliced in half
- 1 medium sweet onion, sliced
- 6 oz baby Bella mushrooms, sliced
- 2 Tbsp butter
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 Tbsp garlic, minced
- Salt & pepper, to taste
- Slice peppers in half, lengthwise. Remove ribs and seeds.
- In large skillet, over low-medium heat, add butter, olive oil, mushrooms, and onions. Season with salt and pepper. Cook until soft and caramelized. About 20 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- Slice roast beef into thin strips. Add to skillet with onions and mushrooms. Cook for 5 to 10 minutes.
- Arrange pepper halves in a shallow baking dish.
- Line each pepper half with 2 slices of provolone cheese.
- Fill each pepper with meat mixture until they are nearly overflowing.
- Top each pepper with 2 more slices of provolone cheese.
- Bake for 15 – 20 minutes until cheese on top is golden brown.
NOTE: Prebake the peppers for 10 minutes for a softer pepper)
Courtesy of Peace Love Low Carb