Hello summery people!
It was warm today, by Minnesota standards, a whopping 84°! And of course, or air conditioner needs to be serviced- Ugh! I must say, I am not a warm weather girl. Give me cool days and even cooler nights. Autumn, now there is a wonderful season!
Thank god for grilling dinner and microwave ovens to warm some bread to go with dinner.
Dinner tonight comes together in a snap. Make the marinade in the morning, let chicken soak up the marinade-goodness throughout the day, and then grill those birds up!
This chicken turns out a little sweet with an underlying grill taste. Pair it with a cool salad and some homemade bread…Shazam, a light summer meal that tastes like you slaved all day.
Courtesy of The Recipe Critic
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1/2 cup sweet chili sauce (I used Frank’s Red Hot)
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 3 Tbsp orange marmalade
- 2 Tbsp lime juice
- 1 Tbsp brown sugar
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- Green onions and sesame seeds for garnish
- In a small bowl, whisk together sweet chili sauce, soy sauce, orange marmalade, lime juice, brown sugar, and minced garlic. Reserve 1/4 cup of the sauce to brush on chicken once finished cooking.
- Marinade the chicken in the rest of the sauce for 30 minutes up to 8 hours.
- Put the chicken on the grill and grill on each side until no longer pink and is thoroughly cooked.
- Brush the tops of the chicken with remaining marinade and garnish with green onions and sesame seeds.