Hello happy people!
Hope your Sunday finds you well. Just a quick hi and wishes for a productive and speedy week! I’ve been sick all week, but I’m finally on the mend. Hope you enjoy the vegetarian lasagna as much as I do!
adapted from What Runs Lori – Paleasagna
- 1 white onion, diced
- 15 oz can diced tomatoes, low sodium
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 6 oz can no salt added tomato paste
- 3 Tbsp Italian spice blend
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 pound of zucchini, sliced
- 1/2 cup ricotta cheese
- 2 cups Greek yogurt, plain
- 1 head of broccoli, roughly chopped
- 1 egg or egg substitute
- 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 375° and lightly grease 13 x 9 casserole dish.
- In a large skillet, heat 1 Tbsp of olive oil and add diced onions. Sauté on medium-high until softened, 3-5 minutes.
- Add the canned tomato, tomato paste, spices, salt, pepper, and minced garlic. Cook for 10 minutes and then set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine ricotta cheese, Greek yogurt, broccoli, and egg. Mix thoroughly.
- In casserole dish, arrange one layer of zucchini slices on bottom. Spread 1/2 the tomato mixture on top of the zucchini. Top with 1/2 the Greek yogurt broccoli. Repeat.
- Top the lasagna with 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
- Allow to cool for 10 minutes.