Hello happy people, it’s almost the start of a new week, hopefully it’ll be a productive one! Well, at least my lunches are going to be something to look forward to! Here’s a classic Chinese favorite made vegan.
courtesy of She Knows
for the marinade
- 2 Tbsp reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 Tbsp rice wine vinegar
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1 Tbsp agave
- 1 Tbsp organic coconut oil, melted
- 1 Tbsp arrowroot powder or corn starch
for the chickpeas
- 2 Tbsp organic coconut oil
- 14.5 oz can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup bottled all-natural kung pao sauce (or homemade)
- 2-3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (1 inch) know fresh ginger, grated
- 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
- In a bowl, combine all the ingredients for the marinade. Add chickpeas to the marinade, and stir well to coat.
- Cover the chickpeas and allow them to marinate for 30 minutes to an hour.
- In large pan over medium heat, add the coconut oil, the marinated chickpeas and the remaining ingredients.
- Sauté for 6 to 8 minutes, until the chickpeas begin to caramelize and brown slightly.
- Remove from heat and let stand to cool for a few minutes.
- Serve over rice and garnish with green onions.