Buongiorno, friendly people!
You know that feeling when you finally get around to doing something you’ve been wanting to get done? Well, I finally cleaned my car. I know that doesn’t seem like a big deal, but it is to me. Seeing that I spend, on average, 2 hours a day commuting to and from work, this is monumental. We’re talking on the scale of bliss…a triple chocolate cake kind of bliss.
What better way to celebrate a clean car… Italian food! I found this recipe on my recipes and then changed it a little to make it a smidge healthier and with a few less calories.
Beef Lombardi-made light
adapted from my recipes
- 1 lb lean turkey
- 14.5 oz can diced tomatoes
- 10 oz can diced tomatoes and green chilies
- 2 tsp sugar
- 2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 6 oz can no salt added tomato paste
- 1 bay leaf
- 6 oz Multigrain egg noodles
- 6 green onions, chopped
- 1 cup plain greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup fat-free cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese, shredded
- 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Cook ground turkey in a large skillet over medium heat until no longer pink and is crumbled. Drain.
- Stir in diced tomatoes, diced tomatoes and chilies, sugar, salt, and pepper. Cook for 5 minutes.
- Add tomato paste and bay leaf. Stir until thoroughly combined. Let simmer for 25 to 30 minutes.
- Cook egg noodles according to package. Drain.
- Stir together cooked noodles, chopped green onions, and greek yogurt until well blended.
- Place noodle mixture in bottom of a lightly greased 13 x 9 casserole dish.Top with beef mixture. Sprinkle the cheeses evenly over the top.
- Bake for 30 minutes.