Hello friendly people!
I love slow cookers! I love being able to throw everything in one pot in the morning and to come home at night to a house full of wonderful smells.
Tonight’s meal is so simple, yet tasted so exquisite – Italian beef sandwiches with sautéed onions and peppers, topped with mozzarella and swiss cheese on a lightly toasted hoagie bun. I’ve already eaten and my mouth is watering.
- 2-3 lb chuck roast
- 1 envelope of Italian dressing mix
- 1 cup of water
- Mozzarella cheese or Swiss cheese
- 1/2 yellow onion, thinly sliced
- 1 red (or green) bell pepper, thinly sliced
- Place chuck roast in slow cooker.
- Mix together 1 cup water and envelop of Italian dressing.
- Cook on low for 6 hours.
- Preheat broiler oven.
- Saute onions and peppers over medium-high heat, until onions are translucent.
- Slice hoagie bun and arrange flat on parchment lined cookie sheet.
- Place a sprinkling of cheese on bun.
- Place 1/2 cup of cooked meat on top of cheese.
- Top with 1/4 of onions and peppers.
- Add a bit more cheese.
- Place under broiler for 5 minutes or until cheese is melted and bubbly.