To me, cornbread is one of those comfort foods. Especially right out of the oven…with melted butter dripping off. Here’s a cornbread recipe that takes cornbread to the next level….Bam! … may I introduce chipotle pepper and green onion. With each bite, a warm heat overtakes your mouth and lingers waiting for the next bite of corny goodness.
courtesy of The Curvy Carrot
- 3/4 cup cornmeal
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 cup 1% milk
- 2 Tbsp unsalted butter, melted
- 2 Chipotle peppers in Adobo sauce, coarsely chopped
- 3 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 425°.
- Generously spray a 9 x 5 loaf pan with cooking spray.
- In large bowl, combine cornmeal, flour, baking powder, salt, and sugar. Stir to combine.
- In a medium bowl, whisk egg and milk together.
- Add melted butter, Chipotle peppers, green onions, and cheese to go the milk/egg mixture. Stir to combine.
- Add wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and stir until just combined.
- Pour batter into the prepared pan.
- Bake 20 minutes or until toothpick inserted into center comes out clean.