There is a lot of chopping to make this salad, but it is truly worth it. I was a little sad when the bowl was empty at lunch.
I cannot wait for lunch tomorrow!
courtesy of the garden grazer
- 1/2 small head red cabbage, coarsely chopped
- 8 oz cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 cucumber, sliced and chopped in quarters
- 2 carrots, peeled and chopped
- 1 yellow bell pepper
- 1 15 oz can of black beans, drained and rinsed
(for the dressing)
- 1 avocado
- Juice from 1 lemon
- 3/4 cup lightly packed fresh basil
- 1 – 2 gloves of garlic, minced
- 1 tsp agave or honey
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 Tbsp white wine vinegar
- 1/4 tsp salt
To make the dressing:
- Place all dressing ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth.
- Place in the refrigerator and make salad.
To make the salad: