slightly modified from garden grazer
(for the salad)
- 1 lb. Orzo pasta
- 6 oz fresh baby spinach
- 1 lb. cherry tomatoes
- 6 green onions
- 8 oz feta cheese
- 1/2 jar sliced greek kalamata olives
(for the dressing)
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tsp dried basil
- For the dressing, combine the vinegar, garlic, and basil. Slowly add olive oil, whisking to combine.
- Cook the orzo in salted water, according to package.
- Meanwhile, halve tomatoes, slice the green onions, and roughly chop spinach. Place in large bowl.
- Add olives. Toss gently to mix.
- Drain orzo and immediately add to large bowl of spinach. Toss gently. The heat from the orzo will lightly wilt the spinach.
- Pour the dressing on top, toss to combine.
- Add feta and toss gently.
- Eat immediately or refrigerate to serve cold.