Happy Memorial day! I hope you all had a great day and ate some wonderful food. These cheesy bacon ranch roasted potatoes are becoming one of my husband and my favorite side dishes (tonight it was a side to a New York strip steak off the grill). By the way, he is the grill master of this house.
courtesy of Cooking Classy
- 6 slices of bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 2 lbs russet potatoes, scrubbed and rinsed, diced into 3/4 in. pieces. (About 7 cups)
- 2 1/2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- 4 oz. sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- Light Ranch dressing, recipe below
- 2-3 green onions, white parts discarded, greens chopped
- Preheat oven to 400°. Spray a 9 x 13 casserole dish with cooking spray.
- In large mixing bowl, toss potatoes with olive oil, salt, and pepper.
- Turn out potatoes into casserole dish. Make sure they are evenly arranged.
- Bake in preheated oven for 20 minutes, then remove from oven and toss (using a metal spatula works best to get any potatoes unstuck from dish)
- Return potatoes to oven and bake another 20 minutes.
- Remove and toss once more. Return to oven and bake until golden and edges are crisp, about 15 minutes.
- Evenly sprinkle potatoes with cheese and bake another few minutes, until cheese is melted.
- Remove from oven and drizzle with ranch dressing, top with bacon and green onions. Serve immediately.
In a small bowl, mix 6 Tbsp plain greek yogurt, 2 Tbsp olive oil mayonnaise, 4 Tbsp milk, 1 tsp lemon juice, 1 1/2 tsp dried parsley, 1/4 tsp dried dill, 1/4 tsp onion powder, 1/8 tsp garlic powder, 1/4 tsp salt, and 1/8 tsp pepper. Mix well.