summer corn succotash
I usually make some vegetarian meal to take for lunch, and this succotash looks delish!
- 3 ears of fresh corn, decobbed (1.5 cups frozen)
- 1 cup red pepper, diced
- 1 cup black beans
- 1 cup chickpeas
- 1/2 cup red onions, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 Tbsp coconut oil
- 1/2 Tbsp ground cumin
- Sea salt and black pepper, to taste
- Diced chives and avocado, for garnish
- In a medium skillet, over medium high heat, heat oil.
- Add onion and stir until translucent, add garlic, and seasonings. Cook for about 5 minutes.
- Add corn and red peppers, cook for another 5 minutes.
- Add beans and let cool for 5 minutes more.
- Adjust seasonings to taste.